Saturday, February 18, 2012

Indy at the Park


Indy made his first trip to the park today.  I've been wanting to introduce him to the sights and sounds of the park, but in order to do that, I need to focus totally on Indy, and I always feel guilty leaving the girls at home.  Today, Tess and Jazz are at an agility trial with Jim and the sun is shining, so it was the perfect opportunity to take Indy to North Park.

Indy's toughest training challenge is distraction, especially when the distraction comes in the form of another dog.  Of course, the park is chock full of these kind of challenges, so I was pleasantly surprised at how well Indy handled it all!  I am determined to train Indy without the use of a harness or head collar.  I want him to be like Jazz, who will go anywhere and behave well on just a flat buckle collar.  He did a fabulous job today, walking over a mile on his regular collar and dealing with distractions like cars, bikes, walkers, joggers, and, of course, dogs.  He got lots of treats for his good behavior, and we snapped the picture above to send to Tess and Jazz at the agility trial to show them that Indy got to go to the park while they are having fun at agility.

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky boy he is! I'm sure he had a ball at the park.

    ReplyDelete